Blog/DSU News


Summer is over. My schedule has shifted. It's time to try and get back on track with some blog material. I am working again on the Every Year In Film series, and am hoping to continue on to 1916 soon (within the next two weeks) with a look into the emergence of American cinema in the mid-1910s. The World Cinema Series, as some would have noticed, hit a hitch, but is back on track.

There hasn't been much from The DSU in quite a while. My plans with the screenplays have shifted slightly with a few projects floating in the air. I am not sure what direction I will go in with things, but when they are under way, I will let you know. Currently, I'm working on a short story that may just find its way onto the blog - that, however, is also to be decided.

If anyone follows me on Letterboxd or enjoys the End of the Week Shorts, they may have noticed that one of the lists that determine what will appear in the shorts - I Have Become Cinephile, Destroyer Of Lists - has changed. I hope to focus for a while on African cinema and the list I have chosen selects a lot from the Egyptian cinema of the 50s, so look forward to some reviews of that sort.

It has been quite some time since the last piece of blog news, so I thought I'd reach out to you with some updates and plans. Thanks for reading.





Popular Posts