Teeth

The joints part, skin splits and flesh folds. Into the dark these knives sink. Bone scrapes on bone, crunches cartilage and rips. It is not me who is hungry, but they. They seek to be embedded in curiosity, to estate a will unbeknownst and quench from a deep pool of primordial drive a thirst to search and conform to the chaos and unknowing destruction of nature. Leaves crumble and skies fall. With the ocean inverted and stars between my toes, calcium empowers me, sends me through the thick air and into poison cloud. I seek the most vicious green of flesh and mud, the grittiest of sand and the most unctuous stone. Chip and shatter; crunch and boulder, my tongue bleeds with words of fury and spite. I have tasted iron for three millennia. I know nothing but this metal. I breathe it through my nose and hear it in the canals of my skull and snout. I hunt in shadow and stalk under the sun. I am inescapable. I am impenetrable. I cannot be deterred. My eyes seek your fear and your unknowing. They are taken by these teeth. They will open and close. And you will be no more.

Popular Posts