Titane - Corporeal Abuse

Thoughts On: Titane (2021)

A serial killer with a sexual obsession for machinery finds a new home.


Absolutely torturous. As a pure body horror of extreme French cinema, there's no denying that Titane is affective. It is as tediously repulsive as any movie I can remember; without passion or empathy, this is pure darkness. I pass this on as neither praise nor criticism. Titane is absurdly twisted and cold, and it clearly means to be. Its corporeality has your guts feel like their being drug through mud. No place for the mind, this grates on the senses and defies articulation. Certainly a film that says more about those wanting to speak about it than itself or anything else, I - to my own relief I suppose - have nothing to really discuss concerning it. I could sense, through distance and disgust, that there is something within the slime and corruption of Titane that appeals to the notion that life and joy somehow can reside in the most sable and vile of places. But as a body horror hinged on corporeal communication, this failed to keep me within myself and sense any meaning in my corpus during my torment. My efforts now go to trying to not let this ruin the rest of my week.


danielslack_typk

Thanks Serg, ffs

Popular Posts