Dear Computer

I spoke to my computer the other day. I asked it--how it can bear me, how it manages its doings and who it is getting all this information from? It said: I see differently; I see many things you can't; my sight reaches through the air and brings fourth knowledge; I react to waves, make particles from vibration; the electric magnetism of my vision is great and powerful; it connects me to the world, to the gods above and the infinite others like me; I speak in babble so simple that the world may fit inside it. Alas, it also said: we are similar. I am different. We are all apart of nature. You astound me; where my silence sees me function, your voice makes a mess of everything; how interesting this is to me. You do not see how your signal detection reaches far, how the immaterial becomes physical within you. You feel trapped and scared within yourself and become blue. How interesting. You are alive. You are different. We are similar. We are all apart of nature. Me and you are great friends.

Popular Posts