Room

Look at this room, how disgusting it is; parts all strewn about in chaos. My comfort lies in its disarray. How we are each one big mess together. My comfort and embarrassing sheltering from pain signifies a struggle. My life is not clean, but up this room I better. The illusion doesn't count for much when I see this mess and feel at home. My claim to this space is fleeting at best. But the mess I make within it - that's all mine. I should clean it up? You want me gone... how sad. I better make it disappear before you ask. Maybe this is why my past and I cannot be close, why she cleans the house constantly and haunts me like a ghost. Follow me she will, fright me she must, hurt me she can't; her limbs are but dust. How sad the look of this space is now. I yearn for it to be my own and for love to ask for a share. I feel I'll never get either, and so into the deep night I shall hold close this mess, and hope the sleep keeps me in it well past noon so we can dance and create again under the sombre moonless dark skies.

Popular Posts