Glasses

My vision slides down my nose and off my ears. I will never be able to see straight again. My vision reaches only so far. Such is true for you, too, but you never notice. I am a lost one because I have been robbed of a sight I once had. I could see like you, twenties and twenties; I'm left with tens and pennies I don't even know. I wear my delusions and pretend to be like you, but in special moments, come to see like I really do. I see nowhere far, but neither do you; I understand how the balls in my head are failed and deformed; beautiful they are - I feel I do not own them - but serve me they do, and teach me much they have. All is done through failure, for that is what I am comprised mostly of. I am and I mostly am not. I do and I mostly cannot do. I live with a shadow. I have been trying of recent to live in shadow.

Popular Posts